What wedding gown stores won’t tell you?!
Blog Post 2019.08.12.
Borrow a dress
- Yes, I meant it! Why bother buying a new dress if you can use your mom’s dress and save tons immediately? You will get a chance to walk down the aisle wearing something full of sentimental value and precious memories from at least one woman in your family!
- Of course, there’s a good chance that the vintage gown your mother wore may not be considered fashionable these days, but you can always alter it, add something contemporary or update it to make the style more modern.
Renting a dress
- If you’re the type of bride who just wants a nice dress for a day, then you can consider renting. Renting a dress is a much cheaper option than buying one and often brings wedding dresses that cost four figures into three instead. Since you only wear it once, you don’t have to worry about where to store your dress that you aren’t going to wear again.
Opt for a short dress
- Short dresses are typically less expensive than full- length gowns. You can shorten the front and lengthen the back of your dress for a bold, chic look. There are so many ways to make a shorter dress look classy and elegant, so don’t be afraid of cutting your dress shorter. Shorter dresses mean less fabric, and usually cheaper dresses too.
- Many bridal shops sell last season’s designs or even the store’s fitting sample at discounts of 30% or more. It’s unlikely that the bridal style will change the moment a new collection comes out, and you’ll be saving yourself a lot of money by picking an on-sale style form last season as opposed to an in-season design.
Go simple and splurge on custom alternations
- You can save a lot of money by getting a simple dress and having it altered to fit your personality. You can get the best of both worlds, a dress with your own style and nothing anyone else will have.